66°

Radio Theatre Is Alive!

Are you looking for something fun to do this Halloween weekend aside from hand- ing candy to strangers? Do you want to get out of the house and see a live show? Do you want it to be a good live show that won’t break your budget? Then come to the historic Somerville Theater October 28-31 to see staged audio drama from old times: The Big Broadcast of 1946! Enjoy the light-hearted fare of the Frank Cyrano Byfar Hour, then be prepared for spine- chilling tales of supernatural horror from The Bookkeeper’s collection, the Tomes Of Terror!Staged by the Post Meridian Radio Play- ers, a notable local non-profit audio the- atre company, this production has it all:an historic theatre, actors on stage, period costumes, live Foley sound effects, even historic candy (at modern prices). Live musical accompaniment will be provided by several members of Emperor Norton’s Stationary Marching Band. And yes, this year you will be able to enjoy rich, deli- cious Byfar Coffee Syrup!The show starts at 7:30PM Thursday through Saturday, while Sunday will be a 2:00PM matinee show complete with a Hallowe’en costume contest for the adven- turous. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 the day of the show. For more information please visit http://bb1946.pmrp.org/