66°

Deciphering the Talking Points

Kieth Preaches with fire and brimstone

During the six hours Keith Darrell spent on campus, different students thought he was infuriating, ridiculous, sensible, surreal, a nice guy and a crazy maniac. Behind all the confusion, the anger and the entertainment, Darrell had some clear messages to get across. Jesus Christ came to earth for sinners. “If you feel that you are virtuous in your heart, Jesus didn’t come for you,” he said. Abortion is equal to killing a person. Even in cases of rape and incest, the life of the unborn child should not be terminated. Muslims, Jews, and people of other non-Christian faiths should be allowed to have their own views, though they will not go to heaven. The only “right” religion is Christianity. Having a government is a form of oppression. The government should not issue money, collect taxes, or have a major role in society. The state should not interfere or define marriage at all. Gay marriage is okay, though homosexuality is a sin. Other sins include: premarital sex (or “fornication”) and masturbation, though the latter is not as bad. God created earth, as described in the book of Genesis. The theory of evolution is not true. Consequentially, the very beginning of humanity must have included incest. But that’s okay, since incest wasn’t a sin just yet. God created weed, and therefore weed is not evil. That doesn’t mean that you should smoke it, however.

Shira Kaminsky served as the following positions for The Mass Media the following years Editor-in-Chief: Spring 2012; 2012-2013 Managing Editor: Fall 2011 Arts Editor: Fall 2010