66°

President’s Corner:

Greetings and welcome back to the UMass Boston fall semester. From early May through late August I have been working closely with your Undergraduate Student Government (USG) leaders to prepare a reorganized and restructured USG. Our aim is to improve our service to the UMB student body and community. I firmly believe we have made great strides so far.

One example is our new communications portal for you: UMBGOV.com. We have all the information about your USG on this site, with many features including interactive tools that will let you know exactly what we’re up to, and how to engage us.

Advancements like this have led to improved visibility, more community outreach, and better collaboration—just a few of the themes this administration is guided by.

We have increased our marketing efforts, communications and signage to be more visible. Be on the lookout for our larger signs, banners and some fun products for you to keep.

One community outreach event we were proud to sponsor this June was the Summit for Success. This event inspired local children to reach the open doors of higher education as they progress into adulthood.

There are many collaborative relationships that we have continued or renewed. We have begun meeting with Sodexo to share student concerns and ideas with them. Collaboration with our UMB administration, campus staff, faculty members, and as always, individual students like you.

Please visit us at UMBGOV.com and please meet me at my office on the second floor of the Campus Center, room 2404. Just follow the signs! My office hours are Tuesdays from 3:15 to 5:15 p.m. and Thursdays from 3:15 to 6:15 p.m. It is an honor to serve you and I hope to meet many of you in person. I am always inspired by your ideas of how to make the UMass Boston community the best it can be.

We have increased our marketing efforts, communications and signage to be more visible. Keep an eye out for our larger signs, banners and some fun products to keep.

One community outreach event we were proud to sponsor this summer in June was called the “Summit for Success.” This event inspired local children to reach the open doors of higher education as they progress into adulthood.

There are many collaborative relationships that we have continued, or renewed. Collaboration with our UMB administration, campus staff, faculty members, and as always, individual students like you. We are also holding regular meetings with Sodexo to share student concerns and ideas with them.

Please visit us at UMBGOV.com and please meet me at my office on the 2nd floor of the Campus Center, room 2404. Just follow the signs! My office hours are Tuesdays 3:15-5:15 pm and Thursdays from 3:15-6:15 pm. It is an honor to serve you and I hope to meet many of you in person. I am always inspired by your ideas of how to make the UMass Boston community the best it can be.