57°

Style Spotter: Sept. 28, 2010

The brilliant colors of Keshia’s outfit make fall and winter seem a long way off

Summer is winding down, and the taste is bittersweet. This time of year, fashion magazines might suggest a switch from bright colors and pastels to a more muted pallet of grays, blues and browns, but not everyone is ready. On one of the last warm days of the semester, Keshia’s outfit brightened up the room with brilliant colors and strong contrasts. We caught up with the Women’s Studies major to ask how she pulls it off. How do you define your style? Classy chic with a hint of eclectic. I like to mix and match colors and patterns. I also bring in tones like black and ivory. I play with color, but I don’t want to look like a disco ball. Where did you get your outfit? The top is from Forever 21, the sweater is from Ross, which is a store in Texas, the shorts are from Target and I got my shoes and my bag at a thrift store. Who do you look up to for your style inspiration? Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, Solange Knowles, and Olivia Polermio of MTV’s The City. What fashion items are on your wish list right now? A Burberry trench coat and Knee high boots. What does your outfit say about you? That I’m unique, outgoing and full of personality. It says, “if someone were to approach me, I would smile.” Check out Keshia’s fashion blog at shoeboxesandhangers.blogspot.com, and tell us about your own style at [email protected].