66°

Joseph Racks Up Yet Another Award

Joseph has won award two times in his career

The Beacons at 4-1, are putting themselves just one win away from matching their win total from all of last season. A big reason for this start has been the stellar play from senior forward Pat Joseph. Joseph, a native of Queens, New York, averaged 13.7 points per game last season to go along with a nifty 7.4 rebounds per game. Joseph has continued last years impressive stats in 2010 as well. Joseph is averaging a double-double with 14.8 points per game and 11.0 rebounds per game through five games this season. Joseph was recently awarded for his great start by winning his second Little East Conference player of the week award. This time it was for the week of November 22-28. Joseph took some questions about the honor, the remainder of the season, and the team’s future from the MassMedia.        When Joseph was asked what his reaction was when he heard he had been given the honor he said, “Well I didn’t know. When assistant Coach Tyler told me I was real surprised, and grateful, and I probably had the cheesiest smile on my face”.   In the week Pat won the award he had played three games and had averaged nearly 18 points per game. Joseph has been a solid player for the Beacons throughout his career, having logged 53 games played and a career average of almost 13 points per game. Joseph is of all things, disappointed about the Beacons stellar start this year, saying, “We should be 5-0 now. It’s not surprising we’ve had this start, it’s all about hard work and desire. Joseph is very optimistic with the Beacons about to enter conference play.   “My hopes for the Beacons are just like any player, to win”, said Joseph. “But most importantly, to win as a team. We can do this by playing hard, staying structured and to execute what we work on in practice”.          The farther the Beacons go this year, the more experience gained. On top of the humbling recruiting class head coach Charlie Titus has brought in, the Beacons should steadily improve. Joseph is giving wisdom and experience to the young players on the team and they are already showing great signs of improvement this season. Joseph has a good feeling about the team’s future after he graduates as well.   “Once I graduate and am no longer able to play for the Beacons, I think they will be fine.  This is due to the coaching staff, recruiting, game strategies and our players playing hard. And I’ll make sure to come back and show support to my teammates and coaches”.   Joseph is going to be graduating this year with a degree in fitness instruction, leaving behind a fantastic legacy as one of the great Beacons in recent years.