57°

Tea Drops: A Review

Drop, drop, drop, Tea Drops are on the menu for this week’s article!
I am sure you have heard of instant coffee before. It comes in a powder form, it is really cheap, and all you have to do is add hot water to make a cup of coffee. Tea Drops are best explained as instant coffee and a bath bomb’s love child. They are clumps of powdered tea and sugar all pushed together to make a perfect serving of tea. Tea Drops even come in theses cute little shapes such as flowers, hearts, stars, circles and squares. They are not only convenient but adorable! Another nice thing about these is that they also come in their own little plastic packages. If you are going to work or school, you could just throw one into your bag and head out your door.
If you wanted to order some of these, the price is a lot cheaper than I expected it to be. I thought I would have to pay $20 to $25 for the Ultimate Sampler Kits, but it was only $12! This is not the cheapest tea I have ever had, being a dollar for each cup of tea, but it is not the most expensive either. They have lots of different options on their website, and if you Google ‘Tea Drops,’ you will be able to find it really quickly. They have a very nice, professional website that is easy to navigate and reminds me of DavidsTea’s website—in a good way.
I do have a few cons about this tea that I feel like I have to mention. To start, this tea comes pre-sweetened. This is not a deal-breaker for most people, but if someone has medical problems or dietary needs where they cannot have sugar, they would not be able to drink this tea. They do have a sugar-free part of the site for these people, but they are not Tea Drops, rather Tea Sprinkles, or just crushed up Tea Drops.
My second con about this tea is that it is really hard to tell the different kinds of teas apart. The tea is not labeled in each little plastic baggie and if you lose the little chart that tells you which tea is which, you might end up drinking a cup of tea you do not like.
Finally, let’s talk about what this tea tastes like! I made it by filling a cup with water and putting it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. Once that was done, I dropped a Tea Drop in, and I let it dissolve for about five minutes. This tea is AMAZING and the reviews back up my opinion. I was worried that it would not taste good because instant coffee is known for its bad taste, and I felt that instant tea would be just as bad. I am so glad I was wrong! This tea tastes fresh, and it has the perfect amount of sweetness to it. I could see the sugar crystals in the Tea Drops, and I was worried that it was going to make the tea too sweet, but it didn’t. Overall, this is a really good tea, and it is easy and mess-free to make.