54°

Spring Welcome Week: Movie Night

On Thursday, Jan. 31, 2019, the Student Arts and Events Council (SAEC) held their final event for the University of Massachusetts Boston Spring Welcome Week. Starting at 7:15 p.m., Movie Night showcased Incredibles 2 (2018) in the University Hall Auditorium.
Before people arrived, eight SAEC volunteers set up complimentary snacks in a full rainbow of colors on the ledge underneath the stairs. As students walked in, SAEC coordinator, Kelsey Hale, welcomed everyone and directed them to the snacks and candy.
With both projector screens turned on and the sound crystal clear, there was a great view from anywhere in the room and was loud enough for people in the back to hear. With 33 people turning up, groups of friends sat close together, each laughing with their own private comments on the sequel of this classic animated film. Viewers were able to go back out to get more bags of chips or candy while the movie played on.
For the general public, Incredibles 2 (2018) was long awaited since the popular original, The Incredibles, was released in 2004. Although the original sports a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes and an 8/10 from IMDB (Internet Movie Database), Incredibles 2 isn’t too far behind with a 93% on Rotten Tomatoes and a 7.5/10 on IMDB.  
After the lights came on, though some stayed to chat, everyone filed out of the auditorium. One student summarized the night in one quote, “I thought it was funky and fresh.”