63°

Instagram-Worthy Boston-Based Food Spots

If you have an Instagram, chances are—even if you don’t follow accounts specifically about food—you’ve probably come across one or two Insta-famous food accounts that have you drooling within minutes of scrolling through their feed. Although my personal Instagram is not full of food photos, I will say, I have posted quite a few food pictures on social media.

Some of the best food photo opportunities, are found right here in Boston. From burgers to burritos, there are delicious food options with even better photo finishes. Boston Burger Co., or BBCo. for short, is known for—you guessed it—their burgers. But, for photos, their milkshakes are the thing to post for more likes. I have tried their Oreo milkshake, large enough to share with at least two people. They frost the outside of the enormous mug and cover it in cookie crumbles, great for scraping off and eating and, of course, for presentation. Topped off with a mountain of whipped cream and full-sized Oreos scattered around, this shake is deliciously photo ready.
Another great stop for burgers is Shake Shack. Surprisingly enough, their burgers seem to always come out the way burgers look in commercials—polished with each ingredient visible within the stacked burger. Burger, cheese, pickles, tomato, and lettuce are all sandwiched between two buns and wrapped in greasy paper bags. Somehow, these burgers have just the right amount of grease-filled aesthetic your page is missing.

Amelia’s Taqueria will give you quite the array of colors in their burrito bowl. With the way I order mine—rice, chicken, pico, red onion and cilantro, guacamole, corn salsa, cheese, and lettuce—I hit almost every color on the spectrum. Luckily, this place evenly distributes the ingredients along the bowl for those of you who like that aesthetic. Then, there are people like me: we mix the whole thing up and never look back. The color bowl is worth the photo if you can capture it before inhaling the savory food first.

Another stop would be the public market in Haymarket Square. Whether it be inside, where all the small shops are, or on Fridays and Saturdays when there’s fresh food, there are plenty of great places to take some great photos. This spot is perfect for anyone’s Instagram as well; they have apple cider donuts for a small-town person, or salted meats dangling from the ceiling for a more polished look. Although those may not sound as appetizing as the donuts, they make a great photo.
Lastly, I would try cooking something yourself! The best photos can come from something you’re proud of. The Tasty app is a great place to start. You can find awesome recipes and they present them in ways to get your creative Insta juices going and take some cool photos to post. Another great spot to find good recipes is Pinterest. They usually have presentation ideas as well.
Good luck on your venture towards more Instagram likes!