66°

Best Post-Valentine’s Day Date Ideas

So, it’s the week after Valentine’s Day and you forgot to do something special for your significant other. Or, you’re like me, and realize it’s just Feb. 14—dates can happen any day. In case you want to make it up to your significant other, I came up with a few date ideas to have a fun time in Boston with your partner, or even just your friends.
For the first date idea, it’s more of a fast paced and morning date, where most places along the way are cash only. Take a trip to Haymarket Square on a Friday or Saturday morning. Outside the Orange line train stop, there are stands selling fresh fish, fruits, and vegetables. A walk around with ten dollars in cash will provide you with enough produce to last well over a week. After stopping by the market, you can head to the Haymarket Public Market where you can find just about any type of farm stand you can think of. They have everything from cinnamon sugar donuts—fresh out of hot oil—to cured salted meats dangling from the ceiling. Inside are all specialty booths, which have interesting products as well as samples. After walking around the market for a bit, you could either stay and enjoy some George Howell coffee, right inside the public market, or venture off to the North End if you feel things are going well. There you can find the one and only famous Regina’s Pizzeria. After enjoying as much pizza as you possibly can eat, right up the road is Mike’s Pastries. I suggest you at least get a chocolate chip cannoli to go.
If you like to keep it laid back, there are more low-key trips you and your significant other can hit up. The Museum of Fine Arts is a great place to go where you can take your time walking around while also enjoying each other’s company.  There are so many different wings to visit in the museum that there’s bound to be one to fit anyone’s style. After spending an hour or two of your free visit (with your student ID), you can head over to Amelia’s Taqueria for one of the best burritos in Boston. A perfect place for people watching with their window bar seating.
If you don’t think these two ideas best fit you and your partner, there are, of course, other options.
Eataly in the Prudential Center is an experience in and of itself. Though on the pricier side, it’s worth every penny in my opinion. The entire restaurant is made up of four different mini restaurants. These restaurants are also surrounded by a simulation of an Italian marketplace, carrying imported pastas and sauces straight from Italy. From there, you could walk around the Prudential Center, a glorified mall, or even head over to the Mary Baker Eddy Museum. Their mapparium is a room shaped as a round globe where you can whisper from one end of the bridge in the middle and the person on the other end will hear it. It’s a great place to whisper your first “I love you” to end your date.
Even if you don’t have that special person in your life yet, I would suggest taking a trip to these awesome places by yourself or with friends. They are super fun, and for the most part, affordable. You can test out the date idea for yourself before you find someone to share!