63°

How to Make The Best Iced Tea

There are a few factors in making iced Tea where it’t important to know what matters the most to you. Which way produces the best flavor, which is the fastest, and which is the cheapest. The first thing you need to think about when making iced tea is the mistakes that people have succumb to while making it. The biggest mistake people commit when making iced tea is not using enough tea to make it. When you make a cup of iced tea, you need to double the amount of dry tea that you usually use. This is because, when you add the ice into the cup it will become watered down, and if the tea was not strong enough it will taste very gross due to the flat flavor. The second mistake is adding the sugar or honey to the tea after the ice has already been added. The only type of sugar you should be adding to iced tea after the ice has been added is simple syrup. If you use normal sugar, it will stick to the bottom and it will be very grainy. This also makes the last few sips of the tea so sweet that it will make you feel sick. Lastly, you should never put honey into cold tea, because it will make the honey clump up and it will not dissolve. Okay, so now let’s talk about the best way to make iced tea!

The first way to make iced tea is really basic. You brew a cup of tea with double the amount of dry tea you intend on making. After the tea is done brewing, mix in all of the sugar or other add-ins you would like, and then scoop in a good amount of ice cubes. This will melt down the ice and cool off the tea, making it an amazing cup of iced tea. The good part of this technique is that it is relatively quick and cheap. The downside is it is really easy to add too much ice or not enough tea, thus watering down the flavor. The second way to make a cup of iced tea is also really easy and uses less tea than the first method. Just brew a normal cup of tea with the normal amount of tea that you usually use. After the tea is done brewing, mix in your sugar or honey and stick it in the fridge for a few hours. The up-side of making iced tea like this is that it will not be watered down, your tea will last longer because you are using less, and it can be made the night before and put in the fridge for the morning. The downside to this method is the fact that it takes longer to make tea like this, and you have to be patient. The last way to make iced tea is to get a fancy iced tea infuser that will brew your tea for you. The tea is quick and easy to make but the downside is that a David’s Tea iced tea infuser is almost $30.00! So, even though you can make iced tea in quite a few ways, it is all up to you for which method is your favorite.