63°

Beacon Update

Women’s Soccer: The UMass Boston Women’s soccer team has been playing really well as of late and sit with a comfortable record of 9–5–1. They won their last two games against Plymouth State University and Framingham State University after losing two in a row. With the Little East Conference Tournament right around the corner, the Beacons hope to carry their winning ways straight into the postseason. The regular season will wrap up with two road games, one against Bridgewater State University and the other against Keene State College. 
Men’s Soccer: The UMass Boston Men’s soccer team has been somewhat struggling lately, failing to find a win in their last three games. They did not lose to Plymouth State University. However, they tied with one goal apiece in a thrilling double-overtime game. Their record is 6–9–2, but their conference record is a healthy 3–1–2. The Beacons’ season will end with two conference matchups against Rhode Island College and Keene State College. Even though they have a subpar record, they still could do some damage in the Little East Conference Tournament.
Volleyball: The UMass Boston Volleyball team has kept up the good work, as they now have a comfortable 14–8 record on the year, including a 5–1 conference record. They will have a lot of confidence entering the Little East Conference Tournament as they have put together another great year. The regular season will come to an end with three straight road matchups that include Keene State College, UMass Dartmouth, and Brandeis University.
Men’s Cross Country: The UMass Boston Men’s cross country team has done pretty well in their last two competitions. On Oct. 6 at the James Early Cross Country Invitational, the Beacons finished fourteenth out of 29 total teams. On Oct. 12 at the Suffolk University Invitational in Dorchester, the Beacons finished eighth out of 19 total teams. They will compete next on Oct. 27 in the Little East Conference Championship Meet in Providence, Rhode Island.
Women’s Cross Country: The UMass Boston Women’s cross country team has also been good in their last couple of meets. In the James Early Cross Country Invitational, UMass Boston finished twentieth out of 29 total teams. The following week in the Suffolk University Invitational, the Beacons finished tenth out of 19 total teams. They will also compete on Saturday, Oct. 27 in the Little East Conference Championship Meet in Providence, Rhode Island.