63°

Beacon Update

Men’s Soccer: The University of Massachusetts Boston men’s soccer team has got off to a bit of a rough start here in mid-September. They have opened the season with a 15 record, with a few tough losses. One thing they can take away from these losses is that three of them have only been by one goal. That includes a double overtime loss that came against Emerson College, an obvious good battle. Their one win came against SUNY Plattsburgh, as they scored two goals in the second half to lead them to a 2-0 victory. The Beacons next home game is on Wednesday, Sept. 19 against Worcester State University at 7 p.m.
Women’s Soccer: After an 0-2 start to the season, the UMass Boston women’s soccer team won two straight games to get their year back on track. They now sit at 2-3, following a loss to Babson College. Both their wins came on the road against Western New England University (2-0) and against Elms College (2-1). The Beacons’ next home game is on Saturday, Sept. 22 against Western Connecticut State University. Hopefully, the women’s soccer team can keep up the good work and continue to be on the way to a good season.
Volleyball: The UMass Boston volleyball team has got off to a great start and definitely looks the strongest of the fall sports teams at this point in the season. The Beacons began the campaign with a perfect 5-0 record, sweeping the four games at the University of Mount Union Tournament. They also won their first home game 3-0 against the University of Maine at Presque Isle. After a couple of shaky losses, they have now dropped two games, bringing their record down to 5-2. The Beacons will surely bounce back and find their winning ways again. Their next home game is on Friday, Sept. 21 against Eastern Connecticut State University at 7 p.m.