66°

Thank You Mr. DeeJay

If you are feeling stressed or pressured into jobs that don’t even interest you take a step back and figure out what your passion is, or head to the DJ booth and ask DJ Ai for his advice.

Deejay Ai, Alexander Pelletier when he is not on stage, is a student at Suffolk University. Although he hits the books studying for his marketing major during the week, on the weekends he plays new music tracks that you just can’t help but move your body to.   Staying out late in the club has had a negative effect on more that one college student’s GPA, but DJ Ai does not seem to have that problem. “It has been surprisingly simple to balance my school with being a DJ because I don’t feel like DJ’ing is really work – it is more of my hobby that I just get paid to do!”

Ai started to get interested in dj’ing in high school and his involvement only grew from there,  he states, “the thing I like most about dj’ing definitely would be the feeling that I get when I have a 500 person crowd singing at the top of their lungs while jumping in sync with each other to a track that I just dropped. Crowd reaction is everything to me. The energy you feel from these kids is powerful, it gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.” .

Working in the local club scene might sound like a dream come true, but finding an incredible job takes planning.  The prospects on the part-time job market sometimes look bleak. However, Deejay Ai has some words of wisdom for anyone in need of job hunting advice. “Take things slow; assign yourself a goal and deliver. There are no free rides in this world but if you want something bad enough to work for it, success comes soon enough.”

When you’re out on the town in Boston, make sure you look for DeeJay Ai spinning and dropping tracks at The Greatest Bar on Fridays and West End Johnnies on Saturdays.  Or you can check out Deejay Ai at Facebook.com/DeejayAi