66°

Hey, Hey, Hey Boston

Former UMass Amherst student Bill Cosby is performing Feburary 19th at the Symphony Hall

Bill Cosby, one of the most well-known and celebrated comedians of all time will be performing twice in Boston on February 19th at Symphony Hall. Cosby, most famous for his 1980s sitcom “The Cosby Show”, is also a graduate of the UMass school system, having earned his PH.D. in Education.

The 73 year old has been performing since 1962. His humor is unwavering, often focusing on the nuances of family life and everyday culture. But it’s not all jokes, Cosby has been a big figure in African American culture in recent times because of his critical remarks against Blacks for not focusing on self improvement.

Yet, many students have fond memories of Cosby from his many sitcoms, films, and memorable television appearances. “I remember when he was the spokesman for Jell-O pudding. He always seemed so friendly. He reminded me of people in my family,” says Jordan Lloyd, a UMB student.

Stand up tours are rare for Cosby nowadays.  But there is no doubt he is ecstatic to be back on stage. Bill Cosby does not stop in Boston often, so this show cannot to be missed. Cosby will be performing two shows on the 19th at 5 and 8pm.

For more information and to buy tickets, go to http://www.bostonsymphonyhall.org or call 888-266-1200