66°

Interview With Eric Tufman After His Last Game at UMB

Senior+Eric+Tufman+stands+by+the+locker+room+just+after+the+game.%0A+
Senior Eric Tufman stands by the locker room just after the game.

Thoughts on the season as a whole.

As a team we definitely came together as one. Being here the past three years (not including this one) we had some guys who were out of the loop. It was a whole rebuilding process that started four years ago. We all just seemed to click and it shows on our record. We got the third seed, a home ice playoff game but it just didn’t work out. Looking at the season we had consecutive weeks with votes to be ranked. We really put a lot of games together where we showed that we belong.

The disallowed goal and its effect on the team

It’s hard to tell really. We were so into the game–but I personally don’t think that it was hard to get back into it (after the disallowed goal). It is what it is. Did it go in? I personally didn’t see it but going by the reaction of our guys it definitely went in. It’s tough but stuff happens. Can we say ‘if we scored that goal it could have been tied?’ It’s over but you can’t dwell on it. It was just that kind of night. It does deflate you but I think our guys still battled.

Eric had a fantastic season and also hopes to play some more hockey in the future. He plans on going back home to Philadelphia for spring break where presumably he’ll spend some time with his fiancé. That’s right, he’s recently engaged! Getting some down time and taking care of that shoulder he injured during the game are some of the things he plans on tackling immediately. And let’s not forget the wedding planning! Good luck Eric and congratulations on a fantastic season!