66°

Police Blotter: Nov. 1, 2011

Friday, Oct. 21

At 10:36 a.m., a call was placed to campus police. The caller stated that she saw two white males holding what appeared to her to be a weapon. Campus police located the students who had the weapon, located the student’s car and determined that the weapon was, in fact, a paintball gun. At about 2 p.m. the same day, a call was placed to the campus police reporting that there was a person stuck in a refrigerated area because of an illegally parked car. When officers arrived, the car was gone.

Tuesday, Oct. 25

At 4:16 p.m., a fire alarm was pulled in the Science Center. There were reports of a smoky smell on the third and fourth floors, and therefore a legitimate cause for the fire alarm to be pulled. 911 was called, so the Boston Police Department, the fire department, and emergency medical services all arrived to handle any situation as it arose. The building was thoroughly checked by the fire department. The cause of the smoky smell was a burned out air handler. The building was secured, and students were allowed to return to class.

Wednesday, Oct. 26

Health services called to report a 19 year old male with an unusually fast heart rate. The young man was having difficulty standing and felt light on his feet. Boston EMS responded.

Thursday, Oct. 27

Health services called to report a 22 year old female student with abnormal results from an electrocardiogram (EKG) and chest pains.