66°

Uh Huh Her Rocks the Paradise

.

.

In support of National Breast Cancer Prevention Month, electro-pop band Uh Huh Her is headlining the nation-wide Keep-A-Breast Tour. The band, with Camila Grey on keyboards/guitar, Leisha Hailey on keyboards/bass, and both on vocals, played to a relatively good-sized, mostly female audience at the Paradise Rock Club on Oct. 11. Before the band’s appearance, a breast cancer survivor told her story and gave prevention tips to a grateful crowd.

Following applause for the speaker, the band came out to more cheers. Hailey, famous for her character Alice Pieszecki on Showtime’s “The L Word,” definitely got the most love from the crowd. The day of the concert happened to coincide with the release of their new album, “Nocturnes,” and they played a good number of songs from it saying, “We’re sick of playing the old ones.”

The older songs from their 2008 debut album “Common Reaction” and their 2011 EP Black and Blue, including “Not a Love Song,” and “Black and Blue,” got the biggest reactions and cheers from the audience. Yet the new songs did not disappoint. The crowd was dancing during the whole show. With a back-up drummer and guitarist, the band delivered their trademark electro-pop, synth-layered sounds.

The interaction between the band and the crowd was awesome, and more than once, “I love you Leisha” was yelled out. Right before an electric encore, Grey, who told the crowd that she attended college in Boston, yelled to the crowd, “Thanks for your support. Boston, you fucking rock! Thank you so much for coming out.”