63°

The Death of a Master

I can’t believe I’m done with my undergraduate degree. It’s been a long few weeks with plenty of meltdowns and a new addiction to coffee. But I’m leaving with some great friends, memories, and two degrees in Art and Communications. I remember writing on the blackboards in Wheatley, face painting during finals, and creating several newspaper forts as I got buried in work. Literally. I don’t know what I’ll be doing afterwards, but I hope it won’t be something boring.
I started off at the Mass Media as a volunteer photographer. I wasn’t too invested in it and was too busy having fun with my friends. And then I noticed that the paper was looking for someone to do InDesign. In the spring semester of my freshmen year, I was trained a bit on how to do layout. However, until the following semester, I didn’t start doing layout on my own. It was a bit difficult at first because I was so new to the program. But after a semester or two, I really learned to get the hang of it. And now, I can create a whole paper in less than eight hours.
To all my friends who will still be at the Mass Media, make sure the paper is better heard and stay awesome. This is the death of Undergraduate career, but hopefully it’s the birth of something better.