66°

Netflix and Grill: The Better Bonding Activity

Let no fictional character go unscathed. 

Imagine this: you’re sitting on the couch with your boo, the air is thick and smells of popcorn, and the room is dark, save for the ominous and radiant glow of a screen projecting a thrilling scene. Breaths are being held, nervous and excited gazes are shifted from lover to screen and back again, and all is quiet – that is until a wild argument ensues because your significant other made an off-handed comment about your favorite character in “Master of None.” This leads to a lot of witty comments about all the characters and soon enough, you find yourself clutching your stomach and holding back tears from laughing too hard.
Say goodbye to “Netflix and Chill.” You’ve just discovered “Netflix and Grill,” a fun, interactive, and healthy way to let go of your cynicism and actually bond with your significant other. By roasting, or verbally bashing, all of the characters who are deemed fit with one another, you can feel a whole gamut of emotions in one sitting, without even breaking a sweat! 
I know, I know. You’re probably asking yourself, “How is this better than “Netflix and Chill?” Well, when two people partake in “Netflix and Grill,” there are certain levels of healthy competition and arguments, agreement, and a better understanding of why your significant other thinks Andy from “Parks and Rec” is actually a genius.
If you’re still having a hard time understanding how this could be a potential relationship builder, look at this activity in the same manner that you would look at sleepovers with your best friends: late nights filled with movies, food, and gossip – well, mostly gossip. Gossip leads to conversation, which leads to a better understanding of the other person. In turn, this leads to a better sense of trust within that other person. Now if this can be done with your best friend, why not your significant other? With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, “Netflix and Grill” is a great way to interact with your bae in a new and exciting way.