66°

Show in a Shell: Mixfest 2016

Lukas Forchhammer, the lead singer in the band Lukas Graham which performed at Mixfest 2016

Mix 104.1, a local radio station that plays variety a of music from rock to todays’s top hits, hosted its annual MixFest this past Saturday, Sept. 17 at the DCR Hatch Shell.
Thousands of people gathered at the Charles River Esplanade on the beautiful sunny day, as they waited for their favorite performers. This year’s performers featured our very own Tyler & Ryan, who won this year’s 15 Seconds of Fame. It also featured Ingrid Michealson; and crowd pleasers such as Shaggy and OneRepublic.           
Tyler & Ryan kicked things off for the day as they performed their original song called “Stranger.” Following their performance, Ingrid Michaelson performed some of her biggest hits, such as “Be Okay,” “Take Me the Way I Am,” and “Girls Chase Boys.”
Shaggy was able to get the crowd hyped with his mix of reggaeton music that had fans from all different age groups— college students to parents were cheering for an encore. The intensity of the artist resonated with the audience and created a wall of screams at the conclusion of his songs.
He performed some of his classical hits like “Angel,” “It Wasn’t Me,”  and “Boombastic,” as well as some of his newer hits like “I Need Your Love” and “I Got You,” a new single that was released in June.
OneRepublic ended the night. They performed many of their biggest hits, from their older hits to their newer albums. They performed “Secrets,” “Apologize,” and “I Lived”, amongst other hits. They also gave a sneak peak at their new upcoming album “Oh My My” that will be out this November.
As OneRepublic performed, all the songs that they sang captivated the audience members. The lawn at the DCR was filled with a sea of passionate fans singing and swaying along with their tunes. Like conductors in an orchestra, OneRepublic had a hypnotic control of the crowd as it sang, word for word, their music.
The audience was truly mesmerized by all of the artists’ performances.