66°

Album Review: The Wild Feathers’ “Lonely Is A Lifetime”

Nashville-based band The Wild Feathers is rolling out all the punches with their sophomore album, “Lonely Is a Lifetime.” Set for release on March 11th, 2016, this album seems to exemplify everything that The Wild Feathers was, is, and will be.
Half-written in the legendary Muscle Shoals style and half in a vibrant Barcelona style, this multi-faceted record ranges from the spacey to the fun, the slow, and the race-y. Starting off with an extra-terrestrial sounding screech, the opening track “Overnight” booms into a catchy and vibrant riff with a relatable chorus that anyone would love. Similar tracks like “Happy Again,” and “On My Way,” echo that uplifting and vivacious attitude.
Other tracks on the album project a different type of memo. “Help Me Out,” and “Sleepers,” have very moving and poignant messages, backed by driving beats and melodic guitars.
Taking on the effect of an old 33 record, the beginning notes of “Goodbye Song” run right off of “Sleepers” end, blending to form one seamless stream of tune. However, in the midst of “Goodbye Song,” The Wild Feather’s creative reach begins to show. A nostalgic vibe spews from a countrified slide on the track with and an even heavier guitar solo to top off.
TWF have also been able to flawlessly match the vocals and vibes of other notable bands. For instance, Bono’s unmistakable voice in U2 is practically mimicked in a track titled “Leave Your Light On;” Imagine Dragons’ impressive upbeat and empowering style shines through in “Into the Sun.” Even the unforgettable and heavy-laden guitar solo of the Beatles’ “Let It Be,” is echoed in “Don’t Ask Me to Change.”
“Lonely Is a Lifetime” is a showcase of talent, both raw and exciting. It shows progression while allowing room for the band to still grow and evolve. The record will be released on March 11th with a promotional tour following shortly after. Be sure to check out The Wild Feathers as they roll through Boston. They’ll be playing at the Brighton Music Hall in Allston on April 29th.