66°

UMASS BOSTON’S DONLAN NAMED LITTLE EAST CONFERENCE MEN’S LACROSSE ROOKIE OF THE WEEK

Junior attackman Patrick Donlan was chosen Little East Conference Offensive Player of the Week
Krisada Sowsuwannamas

Courtesy of UMB Media Relations

University of Massachusetts Boston men’s lacrosse player Patrick Donlan (Norwell, MA) has been named Little East Conference Rookie of the Week for the week of April 11-18, it was announced on April 18 by the conference.

The junior was outstanding in a pair of conference games for the Beacons during the week, registering eight points on six goals and two assists, while collecting nine ground balls. The attackman posted season-highs in goals (four), assists (two) and points (six) and scooped up six ground balls to lead UMass Boston to a 14-2 victory over University of Southern Maine on April 14. The Thayer Academy product supplied one-third of the Beacons’ offense, netting a pair of goals in their 8-6 loss to Plymouth State University on April 16 and also picked up three ground balls.

In just his first year of collegiate lacrosse, Donlan has started all nine games for UMB and has certainly made opponents take notice of his play, ranking third for UMass Boston with 22 goals and seventh in the LEC with 2.44 goals per outing. His 28 points place him fourth on the squad and ninth among conference players with a 3.11 average. Donlan has also been a key part of the Beacons’ man-up unit, scoring a team-best four goals with the extra man for an average of 0.44 per game to rank second in the league. He’s also been active on the field when not putting points on the board, picking up 50 ground balls to lead UMass Boston and his 5.56 average is tops among LEC players. Donlan has racked up multiple goals in every game this season and has tallied three or more points in six efforts, as well as, five or more ground balls on six occasions.