66°

Yoga for Life findraisers

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PRESS CONTACT: Terry Connell – [email protected]

yoga.com to sponsor Yoga for Life

Event hosted by AIDS Care Project to benefit HIV patients and others

BOSTON – On Sunday, November 10, 2002 at 9 AM, hundreds of yoga practitioners and caring individuals will come together at the YWCA at 140 Clarendon Street to participate in a pioneering day of health and awareness raising. yoga.com (www.yoga.com), the Internet’s leading portal for all things related to yoga and health, will be sponsoring the fundraising event. Yoga for Life will begin with a challenging but enriching series of sun salutations. These series of yoga poses are meant to stir the spirit while stretching and strengthening the body. Though the goal number of salutations for the two-hour event is 108 (an auspicious number in the yoga tradition), people are invited to come by and do what they can to support the AIDS Care Project (ACP), a Boston-based organization dedicated to easing and improving the life of individuals in Greater Boston dealing with HIV. All participants are asked to find sponsors for their salutations, the benefits of which will go towards assisting ACP with their continued research and services. For almost 15 years, ACP (an organization coordinated by Pathways to Complementary Medicine) has been providing Greater Boston and New England with alternative means of maintaining and improving their health. Though they provide services to anyone, the AIDS Care Project has allowed them to focus much of their efforts on providing life-enhancing services to individuals suffering with HIV-related illnesses.

– More – yoga.com / ACP, p. 2

Though much younger, yoga.com has also served thousands of people throughout the region and the world as a source of information, goods and services related to the $multi-billion health and wellness industry. From to experts like Cambridge’s own Patricia Walden (who counts herself among yoga.com’s impressive board of advisors), yoga.com is the place to go for all things yoga. For this new event, yoga.com will be providing prizes for the top fundraisers. Members of the yoga.com team will also be on hand to offer advice and support for all participants. After Salute to the Spirit ends, Yoga for Life will continue through a week of special yoga classes at studios throughout the area, including Center of Light Yoga Studio in Jamaica Plain, O2 Yoga Studio in Somerville, Baron Baptiste’s Power Yoga Institute in Boston and at various Healthworks Fitness Centers for Women all around the region. On Saturday, November 16, a special workshop will be given on improving immune function through yoga. While this special event may be of great interest to individuals dealing with compromised immune systems or system deficiencies, all are welcome and all are sure to benefit. So whether you are a yoga neophyte or seasoned expert and whether you have considered alternative medicine before, the Yoga for Life events are sure to enrich and enhance your life as both ACP and yoga.com have been for so many others. For more information, call ACP at 617 859 3036X29 or go to www.pathwaysctm.org.

Yoga.com is the Internet’s portal for yoga, fitness and well being. All are welcome to visit and participate.

Pathways to Complementary Medicine is the largest holistic medicine clinic in New England. As a 501C-3 not-for-profit organization, Pathways provides acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and shiatsu massage to over 12,000 individuals a year. Pathways also conducts research and offer education on the efficacy of complementary therapies for chronic conditions, including HIV.###