66°

UMB Cross Country Hosts Codfish Bowl

UMass Boston’s 35th Annual Codfish Bowl went off without a hitch, as a strong number of schools turned out for the meet at Franklin Park on Saturday, September 28th.

In the men’s five mile run UMass Boston’s Tom Coulter finished with a time of 33:12, a 12 second improvement on his debut time at Mass Maritime. In his first meet as a member of the Beacons’ cross-country squad, David Londino posted a 37:07, a time that he expects to improve upon in upcoming meets.

The lady Beacons were not represented as they suffered injuries and illness over the weekend.

UMass Boston Director of Athletics, Charlie Titus was on hand along with other members of the UMB Athletics Staff to present awards to the meet’s top teams.

Taking first place in the men’s division was the team from MIT with a five man total time of 2:10:36. In the women’s 3.1 mile race, it was Brandeis with a total time of 1:37:29.

“The turnout was great!” said Coach Ernie Taylor. “It’s a beautiful course and UMass Boston did a wonderful job of hosting today’s meet. The whole thing was just a great success!”

The Beacons next meet will take place at Stonehill College on Saturday, October 5th at 11am.

It’s not too late to join the UMass Boston Cross-Country team. Contact Coach Ernie Taylor at [email protected] or visit the Clark Athletic Center and speak with someone in the athletic offices located on the lower level.