66°

October

Thursday, October 31

“Writing What You’re Not: The Limits and Possibilities of the Insider Imperative in South Asian American Literature”The Junior Faculty Colloquium Series, sponsored by the Liberal Arts Faculty, is holding a discussion and lecture given by Rajini Srikanth of the English Department from 2:30-4:00pm in the Troy Conference Room on the second floor of Wheatley.

Diá de los MuertosThe Day of the Dead is a time for the dead to return home and visit loved ones, feast on their favorite foods and listen to their favorite music. In their homes, family members honor their deceased with symbolic offerings. A brief lecture by Ester Shapiro, Ph.D. Please join us at noon in the Interfaith Chapel on the third floor of McCormack for food and offerings in remembrance of the dead.

Halloween Party for PeaceAt Boston Garden and Boston Common, starting 1 hour before dusk, to show your desire for peace and resolution. Bring an instrument and a candle, as you are invited to perform. All are welcome.

Banshee Halloween Party Costume Prizes, Bruins and Celtics Ticket Giveaways, Cash Prizes, starts 8:00pm, 934 Dorchester Avenue (617) 436-9747

Engineering 103 Competitions8:30 – 9:45 a.m., McCormack, 3rd floor, Ryan Lounge. Second day of competition for the second Engineering 103 project for Fall 2002. For more information, call 617-287-6435 or email [email protected].

Athletics Activities for Faculty & Staff: Aqua Aerobics5:30 -6:30 p.m., Clark Pool. Feel free to bring a fellow co-worker. We also offer open time in table tennis, racquetball and badminton. Call Rick in the intramural/Recreation Office for more details, at 617-287-7830.

Mass Media Halloween PartyCome to the second annual Halloween party sponsored by the Mass Media. Located at The Emerald Isle, 1501 Dorchester Avenue, near Fields Corner, starting at 8:00pm.