66°

Calendar

The Calendar of Events is published courtesy of the Office of University Communications. All events are free and open to the public, unless otherwise noted. From off campus, dial (617) 287 and the last four digits listed below each calendar event.

Send submissions by the third Monday of each month to Calendar of Events, University Communications, 3rd floor, Quinn Administration Building. Fax: 617-287-5305; or e-mail: [email protected].

Thursday 18TC Workshop L-857B: Understanding Web Servers1-3 p.m., Lower Level, Healey Library. Presenter: Joe Peters. Call 7-3990 for more information

Friday 19Harbor Tour: Historic Boston Light on Little Brewster Island Tour10 a.m., departs from JFK Library. Trip includes a visit to the library and museum. Tickets are sold at the JFK Museum. Call 617-223-8666 for more information.

Thursday 25TC Workshop L-300D: Issues in Computer Security1-3 p.m., Lower Level, Healey Library. Presenter: Joe Peters. Call 7-3990 for more information.

Friday 26Stress Reduction/Life Enhancement programThree Thursdays, starting July 26, continued on Aug 2 and 9. 1:00 -2:00 Health Promotion Center, M-1-613 Free; meditation and discussions on dealing with our thinking. To register, leave your contact information at 7.5685.

The Boston Writing Project’s Divergent Voices Celebration1-3 p.m., Healey Library 11th floor. Teachers-writers will read from the most recent edition of the Boston Writing Project’s literary magazine. There will be an open mike available for students and teachers to read their work.For more information, contact Marie Coleman at 7.7665

Saturday 27Harbor Tour: Historic Boston Light on Little Brewster Island Tour10 a.m., departs from JFK Library. Trip includes a visit to the library and museum. Tickets are sold at the JFK Museum. Call 617-223-8666 for more information.

Tuesday 30Meditation1:00 – 1:20 p.m., Health Promotion Center, M-1-613. Free; gain relaxation and improved focus; drop-in basis, beginners welcome. Call 7.5685 for more information.

Wednesday 31Free Tuesday Cruise on board the M/V Hurricane 12 noon – 1:15 p.m., Fox-Point dock. Learn about the sites and sounds of the Boston Harbor Islands while getting to know your fellow students and/or co-workers. Call 7-5404 for more information.

Yoga1:00 – 1:30 p.m., M-1-212. Free; improve flexibility and muscle tone while relaxing; drop-in basis,beginners welcome. Call 7.5685 for more information.