66°

Pine Street Inn Clothing Drive

Dear UMass Boston Students, Faculty and Staff:

As a chapter, we would like to extend our sincere appreciation for your outstanding response to our Annual Golden Key Pine Street Inn Clothing Drive! Your response was so generous that we have made clothing drops to Pine Street once a week! Though our clothing drive has formally ended, as a chapter, we would like to encourage you to continue to donate clothes and food to the Pine Street Inn Shelter at 44 Harrison Ave (the loading dock on Paul Sullivan Way) which accepts donations year round.

As a society, Golden Key has resolved to focus our community efforts in the struggle to end homelessness. Though we are recognized for our strong academic performance, Golden Key places a higher value on the mission of improving the lives of those in our own communities. This year, we have already had an impact on our community through our participation in UMass Boston’s Orientation, the tremendous September 11th Memorial of Hope Ceremony, our Annual Lupus Walk on the Charles, our Trick-or-Can food drive, assisting the ARMS Center in feeding four families for Thanksgiving, and now our Pine Street Inn Clothing Drive.

Throughout the remainder of this academic year, you will see our chapter engaging in activities that will help to combat homelessness; we welcome any suggestions you may have for activities, and encourage the entire campus to join in our efforts.

Thank you again for your generous support!

Sincerely,

The UMass Boston Chapter of Golden Key International Honour Society

CREATING LEADERS, BUILDING COMMUNITY