66°

GSA News – 4/10/03

Graduate Academic Conference

The Fourth Annual Graduate Academic Conference will be held this Friday, April 11th in the Healey Library. A number of professional seminars will be held throughout the day. These seminars include:*Secrets of Survival at UMB Informational Sharing *Effective PowerPoint presentations*Research Tools*Grant Proposal Development and Funding Sources*Resume Building, Job Searching & Interviewing SkillsSeminars will be running throughout the day on April 11th, 2003. For a detailed schedule of events, please check GSA’s ad in this issue of The Mass Media, or the GSA web site at http://www.gsa.umb.edu.

Students who have not registered for the conference and wish to participate must check in at the GSA’s conference informational table on the 11th floor Healey Library.

Grant Deadlines

The Spayne Master’s Thesis/Project Grant and the Bollinger Doctoral Thesis Grant deadlines are fast approaching. Please make sure the applications are completed and returned to the GSA office by April 24th, 2003.

Professional Development Grant

Do you want to attend a conference, seminar, workshop, training session, or a symposium but do not have enough money to pay for the entire trip? The Graduate Student Assembly offers the Professional Development Grand (PDG), which reimburses students up to $500 for travel expenses and fees. Some restrictions and limitations apply. Please check GSA’s webpage for more details.