66°

What’s the Point?

Have you ever wished you could do more for your community but just did not have the time? Or have you ever thought, what’s the point? Well a great opportunity is coming your way thanks to a student project at the College of Public and Community Service. The Healthy Initiative Collaborative: Community University Partnership (Hic-Cup), a project of Professor Joan Arches’ Youth Work class, is conducting a book drive for the Walter Denny Youth Center at Harbor Point. New or gently used books for children and adolescents are needed. Help us fill the shelves of the Center with a world of knowledge that books can bring and at the same time help our neighbors at Harbor Point.

Donation boxes are located on the second floor of the Wheatley, McCormack, Healey, and Quinn buildings of the University of Massachusetts Boston. Simply drop off youth reading materials any time of day at any of these convenient locations. You can also drop off books in the Faculty Support Office of CPCS, 4th floor of Wheatley Room 144/8. The book drive will run until April 28, 2003. Help play a positive role in the lives of the youth who live on the peninsula of Columbia Point. Now when someone asks “What’s the point?” you can tell them.

Please e-mail Professor Joan Arches at [email protected] for additional information or if you would like to become more involved in the book drive.

Kendreia Lashley is a student in Youth Work class.