63°

GSA News

Dissertation Defense

Ph.D. Candidate: James Bulot will be defending his research, “Healthcare Information for Older Adults via the World Wide Web”. The event will be on Thursday, November 13, 2003 at 10am, Wheatley Hall 4th Floor, Room 147-02. James Bulot’s committee members include, Jeffrey A. Burr, Gerontology, Frank Porell, Gerontology, and Douglas Currivan, Center for Survey Research.

Education Support Grant

At the end of each semester the GSA awards grants to students with the highest GPA. For more information or an application log on to the GSA website.

Spayne & Bollinger Fall Deadline Established

The fall 2003 deadline for the Spayne & Bollinger applications is Tuesday, December 2, 2003 at 5pm. Applications are available on the GSA website, www.gsa.umb.edu.

The Robert W. Spayne Research Grant for Masters students and the Craig R. Bollinger Memorial Research Grant for Doctoral students provide recipients with funding used to complete their thesis or dissertation. This is a competitive process as we receive more applications than available awards.

Flu Clinic at University Health Services

With the flu season upon us, University Health Services is offering a flu clinic Nov. 3-13, 9am-4pm, Quinn Administration, 2nd Floor, Room 40. The cost of a flu shot for students is $10, and $20 for faculty and staff. For more information, call 617-287-5660 or email [email protected].

ECOS Fall 2003 Seminar Series

The Environmental Coastal and Ocean Science department will be holding its fall 2003 seminar series with featured speaker F.R. Goetz, from the Marine Biological Lab, Woods Hole. The event will be on Wednesday, November 12 from 2:30-3:45pm in the Science Center, 1st Floor, Room 006. Refreshments will be served. For more information, call Tim O’Donnell at 617-287-7440 or email [email protected].