66°

An Up and Down Week for Men’s Soccer

Michael Tady recorded a shutout, his second of the season, as the UMass Boston men’s soccer team defeated the Rams of Framingham State 2-0 on Thursday, October 15. The team lost a heartbreaker two days later as the Corsairs of UMass Dartmouth scored an overtime goal, the only goal of the game, to defeat the Beacons 1-0. UMB’s record stands at 7-7.

Tady stopped seven shots in the win over Framingham State. The team had been in frustrating five-game losing streak, a streak that included two one-goal losses. The Beacons’ last win had come against Eastern Nazarene, a 3-1 victory at home on September 25.

In the Framingham State game, the Beacons were led by Alejandro Lopez, who tallied his team-leading seventh goal of the season at the 26:19 mark of the first half. Sophomore James Ocampo assisted on the score, notching his team-leading eighth assist.

The Beacons received an insurance goal at the 54:25 mark of the second half when freshman midfielder Garry George took a pass from freshman Andre Murray and pushed the ball past Framingham State goalkeeper Kevin Ridlon (six saves).

The team will try to rebound at home against Little East Conference rival Eastern Connecticut State on Saturday, October 25.