63°

GSA News

Academic Deadlines

November 6 is the last day for the pass/fail option as well as the last day to withdraw from a course.

Fall Job Fest 2003

University Career Services is sponsoring the Fall Job Fest 2003. The event will be held on Thursday, October 23 in the Ryan Lounge, McCormack Hall.

Retrofit Town Meeting

A public town meeting will be held on October 28 at 11:30am to 1:30pm in the Provost’s conference room on the eighth floor of the Healey Library. This meeting will be held to discuss the use of vacated space throughout the campus as the move of offices and facilities to the new Campus Center. For a copy of the current proposal visit: http://site.www.umb.edu/af/retrofit_planning_process.htm.

Education Support Grant

At the end of each semester the GSA awards grants to students with the highest GPA. For more information or an application check the GSA website.

The 5th Annual Graduate Academic Conference

The Graduate Student Assembly has started planning for its annual academic conference. As a result of the overwhelming success of last year’s academic conference, this year’s planning committee is thinking “BIG” for the upcoming spring event. Unlike previous years, the GSA intends on inviting the graduate programs at other UMass campuses to participate in seminars and present their research. In addition to a daylong schedule of activities and seminars, the committee is also planning a gala type dinner reception. The tentative date for the academic conference is March 26, 2004.

Spayne & Bollinger Fall Deadline Established

The fall 2003 deadline for the Spayne & Bollinger applications is Tuesday, December 2, 2003 at 5PM. Applications are available on the GSA website, www.gsa.umb.edu.

The Robert W. Spayne Research Grant for Masters students and the Craig R. Bollinger Memorial Research Grand for Doctoral students provide recipients with funding used to complete their thesis or dissertation. This is a competitive process as we receive more applications than available awards.