66°

GSA News

Dissertation Defense

Ph.D. Candidate James Bulot will be defending his research, “Healthcare Information for Older Adults via the World Wide Web.” The event will be on Thursday, November 13, 2003 at 10 am, Wheatley Hall 4th Floor, Rm. 147-02. James Bulot’s committee members include, Jeffrey A. Burr, Gerontology, Frank Porell, Gerontology, and Douglas Currivan, Center for Survey Research.

Thank You

The GSA would like to thank Chancellor Jo Ann Gora for attending the October 23rd general membership meeting. GSA members had an opportunity to introduce themselves to the chancellor and voice opinions and concerns.

Campus Center

The GSA would also like to thank Anne Devaney the Director of the new Campus Center for taking graduate students on a tour of the new building. Graduate students were “wowed” by the impressive new building that is set to open sometime in spring ’04. The GSA looks forward to moving its office into the new building next semester. Academic Deadlines

November 6 is the last day for the pass/fail option as well as the last day to withdraw from a course.

Education Support Grant

At the end of each semester the GSA awards grants to students with the highest GPA. For more information or an application check the GSA website.

Spayne & Bollinger Fall Deadline Established

The fall 2003 deadline for the Spayne & Bollinger applications is Tuesday, December 2, 2003 at 5pm. Applications are available on the GSA website, www.gsa.umb.edu.

The Robert W. Spayne Research Grand for Masters students and the Craig R. Bollinger Memorial Research Grand for Doctoral students provide recipients with funding used to complete their thesis or dissertation. This is a competitive process as we receive more applications than available awards.