66°

Police Log – 3/25/04

Tuesday, March 97:10pm – Two cars collided on University Drive East. Property damage.9:00pm – A student came out after class and found his car had been struck in the North Lot.

Wednesday, March 101:29pm – Someone wrote, “white power” above the rainbow on the walls of the Healey Library stairs. That’s tracked as a bias crime, but the complaint is vandalism.7:34pm – A party was injured in the Athletic Center and refused treatment proving, that exercise is dangerous and makes you stupid.

Thursday, March 1110:39am – Items removed from the Administration Building. That’s larceny. 2:15pm – False mechanical alarm in the Science Building. Watch for false mechanicals.3:12pm – Someone wrote “white power” in the same place as before, this time in marker. Good thinking, master race.3:37pm – Two juveniles were trespassing in the Clark Center. They were escorted out.

Friday, March 1211:54am – Item taken from the Healey Library. More larceny.6:35pm – A group was reported running through the locker rooms in the Clark Center. By the time the cops got there, they were gone.

Monday, March 15 10:42am – False alarm in the Administration building. That happens all the time.

Tuesday, March 166:39am – Larceny in a construction area of the Campus Center.1:59pm – False fire alarm in the Campus Center.

Thursday, March 182:50am – A suspicious person was staggering around University Dr. South. He was questioned and transported to a shelter.11:30pm – False fire alarm in the Campus Center.

Friday, March 199:39am – A bunch of kids were running around the busway at University Dr. West.10:02am – 911 hang up on University Dr. West. Hmmm…..11:35am – A state vehicle and car had an accident in front of the Campus Center.6:15pm – False alarm call in the Campus center. It’s a new system.

Saturday, March 206:29pm – False alarm call in the Campus Center. It’s a new system.6:30pm – False alarm call in the Campus Center. It’s a new system.6:31pm – False alarm call in the Campus Center. It’s a new system.8:53pm – False alarm call in the Campus Center. It’s a new system.

Sunday, March 2110:17am – False alarm call in the Campus Center. It’s a new system.

Monday, March 229:13am – Someone took something from the Reserve desk in Healey. Patience, grasshopper.9:23am – An oversize vehicle didn’t pay attention to the height signs in the upper busway. 3:04pm – Items taken from the Clark Center. Padlocks, people.5:53pm – False alarm call in the Campus center. It’s a new system.7:17pm – Aggravated assault in the Clark Center. A knife was pulled during a pick-up game. It’s good to play together.8:55pm – False alarm call in the Campus Center. It’s a new system.

Carl Brooks served as news editor for The Mass Media the following years: 2003-2004