66°

GSA News – 4/1/04

Poster Display at the Campus Center Opening Gala

The Graduate Student Assembly has arranged for UMB graduate students to display their research posters at the Campus Center Opening Fundraising Gala on April 26. This is an excellent opportunity for our graduate community to proudly display our work to Boston’s community leaders.

Posters should follow a traditional format that includes a short abstract, introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and references. Posters presented at other professional conferences will be accepted. Please confirm your submission to the GSA via e-mail at [email protected]. Don’t forget to include your program and research topic.

The Fifth Annual Graduate Academic Conference

The Fifth Annual Graduate Academic Conference will be held on Friday, April 30 in the new Campus Center. The event consists of a series of lectures and workshops focused to help UMB graduate students in their current academic pursuits as well as their long-term professional development. We hope to include workshops on wellness, grant research, presentation skills, and career development and planning. We will wrap up the day’s events with a research poster reception and a multicultural dinner fiesta. All graduate students and faculty are invited to attend.

GSA Meeting

The next GSA meeting will be on Friday, April 9. All graduate students are encouraged to attend.