66°

I Would

I Would

I Would #1: (pict. with black shirt)

All right boys…here are a couple of pointers. In the picture above, we have the perfect example of how one goes about looking good without taking two hours to get ready. Ingredients: one simple black t-shirt, one good pair of jeans, one stylish belt, and one pair of nice shoes is exactly what’s necessary to achieve this look. I don’t mean a size XL t-shirt, but one that actually fits your body and shows off all those great assets. I’m a shoulder kind of girl after all. Now, same rule applies for the jeans. Last time I checked, no one was on their way to an MC Hammer concert; however this look is also acceptable, but not in this situation. Designer jeans definitely add about 10 points, although we don’t want to break the bank with a single purchase. However, I will add that it is an investment and one well worth it. A good pair of jeans gets you farther than you think in the fashion spectrum. As for the belt, believe it or not, the stores now offer more than just the braided belt that everyone once knew and loved…and still might love. They even offer more than just black or brown leather belts…crazy right!? So, lets get a little creative, but still choose one that fits your style. And lets not forget you earn a five-point bonus for belts with large rock star buckles. None of this sounds too difficult does it? So, get out there and give it a whirl!

I Would #2: (pict. with white shirt)

Yes…this week I thought it might be nice to have two “I woulds.” I also thought it might increase our chances at improving all those cute boys’ wardrobes. I’m not saying everyone has to dress this way…I understand that this style is not for everyone, however it doesn’t hurt to put the option out there. This outfit is quite similar to the first one, but with a little twist that is just as successful. Instead of a simple black t-shirt, we have a simple white button down. A button-down shirt is always appreciated, and works well with those designer jeans we talked about earlier. You could even get creative and purchase one with stripes or patterns. Instead of dress shoes, a fun pair of Pumas helps balance out the look. Though you cannot see it in this picture, a stylish belt was also involved. Both of these outfits can easily be worn for a daytime look or a nighttime look. You just might need to do a little revamping in between activities. This means restyling the hair, and perhaps putting on a little more deodorant and cologne, but don’t go over board because you want those around you to be able to breath…or maybe you don’t. If you were wearing sneakers during the day, you could easily change into one of your nicer pairs of shoes; then you won’t have to worry about the “no sneaker” rule at any of those tricky bars. Remember, I’m not trying to offend anyone, however some of you might want to use my constructive criticism with an open mind.

Now a little constructive criticism for the ladies:

Ladies…very often, I wonder if some of you are going to class or if you are going to the club. Which one is it, because honestly I can’t always tell the difference. It is easier for guys to get away with this look, since their wardrobes are formatted a bit simpler than ours are, but apparently it has become necessary to ask ourselves where we are going in the morning. Ding, ding, ding…survey says: we are going to school! So, put on those comfortable clothes and get over it. I’ve discovered that no one really cares what you wear to class. If a boy thinks you’re cute, then they’ll still think your cute even if you don’t think you look your best. And it’s not like comfy clothes have to be hideous…hello, why do you think there are so many fashionable comfy clothes produced these days? It’s because it’s okay if you want to be comfortable while sitting in class, it’s definitely not a crime. Who’s kidding? It sure as hell isn’t comfortable to walk around in stilettos all day, so why do it at school? It’s torture, and why try to look your best? Save it for Friday night when it really counts…and when you really might get noticed!