66°

Calendar – 1/29/04

Thursday, January 29

Bursar’s Office Extended Hours Quinn Administration, 2nd Floor. Monday thru Thursday: 8am-7pm; Friday, 8am-4:30 pm. For more information, call 617-287-5350.

The Community University Project for Literacy (CUPL) The Community University Project for Literacy is recruiting students for Spring semester. Students who participate in the program enroll in a three-credit “ESL Fieldwork” course to tutor adult ESL students in community-based learning centers in the Boston area and beyond. All students, including ESL students, interested in a rewarding and educational community service experience are encouraged to apply. For more information, call Carol Chandler-Rourke at 617-287-6757 or email [email protected].

New Campus Center is now hiring 9:30am-3pm, Quinn Administration, 3rd Floor, Room 40. The NEW Campus Center is now hiring for part-time and work-study students who want to work in a fun, developing environment and earn some great money too! We will be hiring office assistants, assistant building managers, information center assistants and event staff assistants. If this sounds like something you are interested in, come apply in person or visit monstertrak.com . For more information, call Geoff Combs at 617-287-4804 or email [email protected].

Graduate Student Assembly Voter Registration Drive Noon-6pm. The GSA would like to welcome everyone to visit the McCormack 2nd floor lobby, near the catwalk, to register as a Massachusetts voter. The Massachusetts Presidential Primary Election is Tuesday, March 2, 2004. The last day to register to vote is February 11, 2004. All you need to do is stop by and complete a voter registration card,which takes less than five minutes to complete. The GSA will forward the completed card to the appropriate city/town clerk office for processing. For more information, call Graduate Student Assembly at 617-287-7975 or email [email protected].

Christian Ecumenical Worship 4-5pm, McCormack Hall, 3rd Floor, Interfaith Chapel. Come and fellowship together in song, scripture, and the Word. For more information, call Rev. Adrienne Berry-Burton at 617-287-5838 or email [email protected].

Women’s Basketball vs. Springfield College 6-8pm, Springfield College. For more information, call Beacons Athletics at 617-287-7800 or email [email protected].

Friday, January 30

Bursar’s Office Extended Hours Quinn Administration, 2nd Floor. Monday thru Thursday: 8am-7pm; Friday, 8am-4:30pm. For more information, call 617-287-5350.

“The Power of NOW'”Brown Bag Luncheon Series Noon, McCormack Hall, 3rd Floor, Interfaith Chapel. Find the truth that is within you. Join with the Interfaith Catholic Chaplain for a deeper look at Exkhart Tolle’s “The Power of NOW.” For more information, call Maggie Cahill at 617-287-5839 or email [email protected].

Men’s Ice Hockey vs. Williams College 7-9pm, Clark Athletic Center, LL, Ice Rink. For more information, call Beacons Athletics at 617-287-7800 or email [email protected].

Saturday, January 31

Women’s Basketball vs. Keene State College 1-3pm, Clark Athletic Center, LL, Gymnasium. For more information, call Beacons Athletics at 617-287-7800 or email [email protected].

Men’s Basketball vs. Keene State College 3-5pm, Clark Athletic Center, LL, Gymnasium. For more information, call Beacons Athletics at 617-287-7800 or email [email protected].

Men’s Ice Hockey vs. Middlebury College 3-5pm, Clark Athletic Center, LL, Ice Rink. For more information, call Beacons Athletics at 617-287-7800 or email [email protected].

Women’s Ice Hockey vs. Trinity College 7-9pm, at Trinity College. For more information, call Beacons Athletics at 617-287-7800 or email [email protected].