66°

Fashion: I Would

According to Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, an accessory is an object or device not essential in itself but adding to the beauty, convenience, or effectiveness of something else. Accessories make any outfit look better, so why not try on a few. Here are some of my favorites that can take you from a level 3 to a level 10.

(pict. #1)Costume Jewelry – Just wearing one piece of costume jewelry makes a big statement. It helps jazz up your look, while still keeping things very simple. They are often larger pieces, so you don’t want to over do it. These black beads really add to this classic cardigan and help to pull it all together.

(pict. #2)Buttons – You can pin them on anything and make a small statement while doing so. Whether you’re supporting your favorite band or displaying a few monkeys, everyone can enjoy them. I’m particularly fond of this “Hot and Juicy” button placed on the lower portion of a skinny black tie.

(pict. #3Silk Flowers – They also come in the form of a pin, and are very versatile. You can wear them on any shirt or jacket and know that you’re doing something right. Flower pins are either sold separately or part of a shirt design. This one came attached to the waistline of a dress, and can be removed and put on other items of clothing for further enjoyment.

(Pict. #4)Mesh Hats – Otherwise known as “trucker hats,” are still quality accessories to me. I want to say they are played out, however I still secretly love them. This one specifically, because it is very different, and does not blaze Von Dutch on the front. Baby plaid and splattered paint…who knew it would be so good?

(pict. #5)Watches – Functional and very fashionable. There are millions of colors and styles to choose from, and often you can find a decent one for under $50. Sometimes watches are so unique that you can barely even tell the time on them. However, in this case we have a wonderful pink watch with a large readable face. We know this proud owner will never be late.